In case you haven’t noticed, rose is so hot right now, Pantone even named Rose quartz this year’s color of the year. While I don’t really care for pink or ever wear it due to my bright red hair color, I will admit that my bathroom counter is getting extremely crowded with rose oil beauty products. Rose has been used in beauty products for hundreds of years, dating back to the Greek and Romans who used rose petals in their baths, cosmetics, medicines and herbal remedies, but we’re really only just beginning to see the benefits of this super flower.
I’ve been using rose oil products on my skin for several months now and I’ve noticed a huge difference! I have acne prone skin and the antibacterial properties in rose help to keep bacteria at bay while also toning and moisturizing my skin all day and improving my skin tone. Rose is also known to help protect and repair skin from sun damage which I could definitely use after my years of tanning bed use.
Here are some of my favorite natural rose products right now:
- Osmia Organics Rose Clay Facial Soap: With hydrating pink clay plus rose and geranium oils this soap creates an amazing lather, lasts forever and will leave your skin hydrated and smelling great!
- Acure Moroccan Argan Oil- Rose: This stuff has some serious super powers. I’ve tried a lot of oils and my skin reacts best to Argan, it’s the right mix of moisture and helps improve skin’s tone and texture, I’m obsessed. This one is awesome because it utilizes the healing and soothing powers of three potent botanicals: rose, lemongrass and geranium. Boom!
- Dr. Bronner’s Rose Soap: If you haven’t tried Dr. Bronner’s soaps you’re missing out. This Castile soap basically does it all, (and the bottle will tmi you all about it!) it’s super moisturizing and gentle enough for your face and body. The rose will tone skin while Castile soap is super moisturizing. The smell is really deep and nice to wake up to in the morning and lingers in the shower.
- Inflora Botanica Rosewater Mist: You can tell if you’re getting a really quality rose product because of the scent and deep amber color and this rosewater is the real deal. I happened to find this product while wandering around a little local holiday fair in Oakland and although I wasn’t in the market for skin products I’m so glad the sweet lady I spoke to convinced me to try it out. I bought both the oil and mist and they work really well together because the mist helps the oil absorb into the skin. This product comes from Turkey where the roses are hand-picked and distilled in copper and the product is 100% organic. Added bonus: it’s also really inexpensive!
- Nectar Vital Rose Drop by Osmia Organics: I got this product in my first Beauty Heroes box and am loving this little super hero. It’s the second Osmia product on here because their stuff just rules, it’s so well formulated and really works. Adding a few drops of this oil makes your moisturizer or serum more powerful so a little bit goes a long way! The combo of rose and sandalwood in here is so lovely as well!
- doTERRA Rose Essential Oil: doTERRA oils are my fave and the rose is so lovely, everyone needs it in their oil arsenal! Rose oil has so many uses, you can add it to your favorite base oil like coconut, avocado, sesame, argan or whatever else you’re in to. As with the other products listed here the rose oil helps to balance moisture levels, even skin tone and heal imperfections and diffusing the oil can even promote feelings of vitality and energy in the am. Yes, please!
Do you use any rose products? What’s your favorite?